Monday, January 03, 2011

New Year Goals

I normally do not make New Year's resolutions for the same reason I do not make Lenten promises or go on diets...I inevitably fail and can't handle the guilt.  However, I have a few small goals that I have been meaning to work towards and hopefully putting them into writing will bring about some measure of accountability.

1. Improve time-management at work.
  • Step 1 - Use MS Outlook calendar to plot my time commitments.
  • Step 2 - Schedule time for the tasks I normally allocate to the mythical "when I get around to it" hour.
  • Step 3 - Write down EVERYTHING!
2.  Read to Erik and Kyle every night / establish bed-time routine
  • Step 1 - Establish a concrete bed-time.
  • Step 2 - Figure out how long it takes to get teeth brushed, jammies on, etc. so we can start getting ready for bed with enough time left to read.
  • Step 3 - Read a book or two then lights out.
  • Step 4 - Move Erik's bed out of our room and into his room.
3.   Establish 529 College Savings Plans for the boys
  • Step 1 - Research the best plans and perks they offer.
  • Step 2 - Move the kids' money from savings accounts into the 529 account.
  • Step 3 - Connect account with my Upromise account to directly deposit those savings into 529.
  • Step 4 - Make contributions to the accounts and get tax deductions.

I have already started on Goal 1 and have got my outlook calendar looking mighty spiffy for this week.  I will have to confer with my husband before doing much with Goals 2 and 3.

So what are your New Year's goals/resolutions?  Do you make them?

No comments: